Sometimes we are limited to traveling for just a few days because of work schedules or budgets! Southern California is where we call home because of the beautiful weather, great food, and proximity to fun places to go.
Check out this list of the best weekend trips from Orange County in Southern California. Everything is within an 8-hour drive from Irvine, California. Click each city name below to find ideas on what to do there!
- OC to Palm Springs – 2-hour drive.
- OC to Joshua Tree National Park, Palm Springs – 2-hour drive.
- OC to Catalina Island – 2-hour boat ride.
- OC to Santa Barbara – 2.5-hour drive.
- OC to San Luis Obispo – 3-hour drive.
- OC to Big Bear – 2-hour drive.
- OC to Solvang – 4-hour drive.
- OC to La Jolla – 1.5-hour drive.
Use these free travel apps to help you on your journey!
- OC to Las Vegas– 4-hour drive or 1-hour flight.
- OC to South Lake Tahoe– 8-hour drive or 2.5-hour flight.
- OC to Reno– 8.5-hour drive or 2.5-hour flight.
- OC to Phoenix– 5.5-hour drive or 1.5-hour flight.
- OC to the Grand Canyon Village (South Rim) – 7.5-hour drive or 1-hour flight to Flagstaff.
- OC to Rosarito Beach, Mexico – 3-hour drive.
Any Other Suggestions?
Do you have any favorite road-trip spots from SoCal? Tell us in the comments below!