So you’re headed to visit Anaheim, California! Part of North Orange County, Anaheim is most well known for being home to Disneyland. What else is there to do when visiting Anaheim anyway? Check out these travel tips on Instagram-worthy spots to visit on your trip.
Be sure to make a tranquil stop at the Fullerton Arboretum for even more nature-y photos! Or head south to see amazing vehicles at Cars & Coffee. If it’s raining, never fear for there’s plenty to do in OC.
Angels baseball is always a good time! Check out a game during spring and summer, be sure to use their Snapchat and Instagram filters!
- Classic posing with a beer at the baseball game shot!
- Angels field & nightly fireworks.
- Eating out of the famous hat nacho bowl.
- The giant A sign in the parking lot.
- Posing with whatever free Angels swag they’re giving away that day.
- Photos in front of the giant Angels hat in front of the stadium
Essentially a big mall in Anaheim, there are a bunch of good photo ops here!
- Hipster-cool murals throughout the GardenWalk.
- Fountains perfect for posing on.
- Angels-jersey wearing Stormtroopers.
- Surf mural with an actual surfboard to pose on.
- Stairs with phrases written on them as you ascend.
- Colorful stairs with murals on them.
- GardenWalk sign written on grassy background.
Why would a train station be on this list? ARTIC is the Amtrak/Metrolink station in Anaheim that’s close to the Angels Stadium and was built only a few years ago. It’s either loved or hated by the locals, but it sure does light up at night! It’s just a train station with some restaurants, but worth a photo stop if you’re nearby. Note that it is open to the public without buying a ticket!
- Outside the station at night.
- Inside the station during the day.
Located just outside of Disneyland, Downtown Disney is open to the public! This area has an ice skating rink in the winter, great restaurants open year-round, and adorable shops.
- So many Mickey Mouse statues and art everywhere!
- Beauty & the Beast LEGO statues.
- Rows of palm trees.
- Downtown Disney sign.
- Cool landscape designs like the stacked potted plants outside the Wonderground Gallery.
The Anaheim Packing District feels like an open-air market, with dozens of restaurants and bars scattered throughout its two floors. Make reservations at the speakeasy, pick your favorite cuisine for dinner, grab a colorful popsicle at Popbar, or just enjoy the live music under the scenic air plants throughout the district.
- The giant white cocks (CA-CAW) outside the front doors on the top level.
- The front of the district between two palm trees!
- ALL THE FOOD! Plus ice cream cones and fancy cocktails.
- The swings downstairs are perfect for couples!
- The Anthony Bourdain quote (above in the middle) surrounded by oranges.
Obviously, we couldn’t leave Disneyland off the list. There are SO many photo spots at Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure so we’re just going to list some of the favorites. Instagram currently has 22 MILLION #Disneyland pins, so you’re sure to be inspired when you browse through.
If you can line it up, go on Dapper Day! This is a day where SO MANY PEOPLE get together and dress up nicely. These make for great photo ops.
Favorite Photo Ops:
- Posing in front of the Mickey Mouse ferris wheel in California Adventure.
- Anywhere at Disneyland with Mickey or Minnie Mouse ears.
- The Disney castle – beautiful both during the day and at night.
- The Disney train station!
- Posing with Mickey Mouse or another Disney character.