In May 2019 I am spending 9 days in Belize, splitting my time between inland San Ignacio and the island of Caye Caulker. Here’s what I’m packing for my trip which happens to be at the beginning of the rainy season in Belize. I am planning to bring my Dakine rolling duffel bag and Ebags backpack.
- Activated charcoal and Pepto Bismol – this stuff saved me in Thailand when I had an upset stomach.
- Gummy vitamins – stay healthy like an adult!
- Eye drops
- Allergy medicine
- Bug spray/wipes
- Sunscreen! 1 spray bottle for 2 people per day. Pack more than you think you need.
- Aloe vera- for when you forget to re-apply the sunscreen
- Bathing suits – 4 (bikinis because it’s too humid for one-pieces!)
- Lightweight sneakers – for hiking and travel days on the plane
- Waterproof jacket – I’m bringing a windbreaker for tropical storms
- Shorts – 2 pairs denim/linen and 1 pair for athletic activities
- Pajamas – 2 sets of LIGHTweight shorts and tops
- 5 T-shirts/tank tops
- 1 kimono and 1 light jacket for windy nights
- Dresses/rompers – 3
- Sandals – 1 fancy, 1 casual
- Socks – 4 pairs
- Sports bra, regular bra, and panties
- Dry bag – bag specifically made to keep your stuff dry!
- Beach bag – to hold towels, sunscreen, sandals, etc.
- Quick-dry towel
- 2 pairs of sunglasses
- Travel scarf (with POCKETS)
- Hats – 1 floppy hat for the beach and 1 baseball hat for hiking
- Canon M50 + lenses, batteries, case, ND filter, memory cards, etc.
- Moza Air Gimbal
- Go Pro Hero 7 Black – for water activities! Plus batteries.
- Phone charger cord + power brick + power brick charging cord
See our whole kit here.
- Pillowcase or plastic bag for dirty/wet clothes
- Granola bars for snacking
- Hand sanitizer
- CASH, credit cards, ID, and of course passport!
What essentials do you bring on tropical vacations? Tell us in the comments below!